Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Feingold on Alito

The Janesville Gazette has a story on Russ Feingold's early position on Alito:
"I don't like ideology per se as grounds to reject a nominee," said Feingold, a Democrat and Janesville native. "But if his experience and record indicate he has an ideological agenda, that's a cause for concern.

"I don't believe in litmus tests," he said, referring to someone's position on a hot-button item such as abortion rights.
...
"It's way too early to draw any conclusions at all. I am noting that very conservative elements are happy."
Let's summarize: Russ Feingold isn't taking a position on Alito until he sees the play develop in front of him. I may not agree with Feingold's politics, but I don't think you'll ever hear me call him a foolish politician. He's sharper than many of his fellow Democrats who are complete push overs for the Move On crowd.