Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Feingold on Roberts

I'm thinking he's in shock.
Evaluating the nomination of Judge John Roberts Jr. is a responsibility I take very seriously and one that I look forward to as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Supreme Court justices can have a uniquely significant impact on our country for years, even decades. While I voted in favor of Judge Roberts to be a Circuit Court judge in 2003, the level of scrutiny that the Senate gives nominees to the highest court in the land must be even greater than that for any other appointed position in our government. I will review his record carefully and look forward to questioning him in the Judiciary Committee's hearings.
This sounds really tame for Russ, especially when you consider how he sounded after the O'Connor retirement announcement.