Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, May 05, 2005

RE: worst...nickname...ever

As a 2004 alum, one of those fortunate enough to hear the speech that started this entire fiasco, I can say with all certainty that Marquette has managed to do what was previously thought impossible; they have pissed EVERYONE off.

I have already received about a half dozen golden retriever emails, and I don't want to tell you how many golden shower jokes have rained down on me since I've been in to work (and I've only been here ten minutes). This is a complete disaster.

I went to the ballgame last night (I am worried since today is the first one I'll miss since the streak started) and it was one of the best games I've seen all night. Then, I get to Kelly's Bleachers and the bartender drops this little bomb on me, I thought she was kidding and just trying to rib me a little bit. When I heard it on the trusty ol TV however, I knew it was true. Total lack of judgment. Are there zero people with marketing sense on the MU board? Isn't the Alan Edmonds guy on there, shouldn't he have some sense of marketing? How was this a unanimous decision?

The part that really gets me is nobody is talking about the Crew? Six in a row, a ten game hitting streak for Overbay, back to back fantastic pitching performances, fighting back to a .500 record, and SECOND PLACE! Not a word this morning on the radio.

My recommended mascot: