Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Public hearings on Photo ID bill in WI

Just got an email from my State Senator, Mary Lazich, saying that hearings have been scheduled around the state on the Photo ID bill (AB63 and SB42).

I called Senator Lazich's office to request the complete schedule so I could post it here; within 20 seconds I had an email with the link in my inbox. Now that's prompt!

From Sen. Lazich's email to constituents:
"You may fill out a hearing slip and speak at the public hearings or you may fill out a slip registering in favor but not wishing to speak. ... I encourage you and others to stop by [the nearest hearing location] that day and testify or register in favor without speaking. I hope the committee record will reflect a large number of supporters. I encourage you and others to also contact the Governor and ask that he sign the bill, rather than veto the bill."
Here's a list of the hearings as scheduled:

  • Thursday, March 3, 2005, 1:00 PM: Altoona Emergency Services Building, Training Room, 1904 Spooner Avenue, Altoona, WI

  • Monday, March 7, 2005, 1:00 PM: Brown County Public Library Meeting Room, 515 Pine Street, Green Bay, WI

  • Monday, March 21, 2005, 5:30 PM: Racine Case High School Auditorium, 7345 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI

  • Tuesday, March 22, 2005, 12:00 PM: Tommy G. Thompson Youth Center, Ballroom Two, State Fair Park, West Allis, WI
  • Here's the Governor's contact info:
    Office of the Governor
    115 East State Capitol
    Madison, WI 53702
    608-266-1212; 608-267-8983 (FAX)

    Or email him here.
    I hope to get to the hearing at State Fair (which is scheduled to run till 6:00 p.m.)

    If you're interested in election reform, here's your chance to do something about it.