- Frank Lloyd Wright's landmark personal retreat and workshop, Taliesin, is open for day-trippers in advance of the regular season tours. Make it a staycation destination.
- Wednesday one of Obama's first laws comes into effect, so buy your cigarettes now: they're about to jump from the formerly taxed rate of 39 cents to $1.01 per pack.
- Of Wisconsin's 3,800 dams, nearly 60% are privately owned. It's time for dam people to "check gates and other equipment and inspect their dams for damage before water begins to rise."
- Don't forget Friday Gun Porn.
- April 11-12 is the state's Youth Turkey Hunt. 2009 Spring Turkey Open Zones begin mid-month.
- Keep your eyes peeled for this second cougar found in Wisconsin in the last 14 months, and call the DNR with updates. No. 2 was seen in Washburn County a few weeks ago; No. 1 was seen in Rock County last year.
Got a tip for "This Week in Wisconsin" ? Email tee bee @ bower dot t at gmail dot com.