Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, December 19, 2008

Does anybody know where Paul Weyrich went to high school?

Conservative leader Paul Weyrich, a Racine native, passed away earlier this week at the age of 66.

Pajamas Media's Jennifer Rubin writes:

Paul Weyrich, co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, the Free Congress Foundation, and numerous other conservative organizations, has passed away. His talent was organization: perceiving that ideas alone would not carry the conservative movement and then going out to create the organizations that would spread conservative ideas, develop future leaders, and energize the grassroots.
Weyrich is also credited with coining the phrase "moral majority."

To be honest, I never paid much attention to Weyrich himself, although I sure appreciate the Heritage Foundation. I didn't realize, until I read this JSOnline story, that he came from Racine.

Kinda makes me wonder where he went to high school. There were two public high schools in Racine when he was of the age - William Horlick (my alma mater), and Washington Park (boo!).

Ten minutes of internet searching hasn't answered my question, so I guess this is destined to become yet another great mystery of life.

UPDATE - Sam Hagedorn from yoSAMite Says says Weyrich went to St. Catherine's, Racine's Catholic school. So. Another potential claim to fame bites the dust.