Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hope for an alternative

Found this on Best of the Web: a letter to the editor in Monday's Racine Journal Times:

I agree with Kim Morrison that Barack Obama would be a great president. I have hope that he can provide free health insurance for everyone.

I have hope that he can bring our soldiers home and make the world a safer place. I have hope that he can protect Americans from poverty by printing more money at the mints.

And, I have hope that he can make me a taller, more attractive, wealthier person, immune to all illnesses. The best part is that all of these will be accomplished at absolutely no cost to me.

Some skeptics would say that he can’t do these things because he hasn’t had enough leadership experience, foreign policy experience, or government experience. Some would say that Obama can’t provide for all our needs without doubling taxes. And, some would say that he hasn’t provided one piece of a specific plan to reach these goals.

Well, to those people I ask, “Where is your hope?”

All these years I’ve been creating accomplishments and gatherine experience to list on my resume. From now on, I’ll just list my hopes and plans. All that work was so unnecessary.

Angie Smucker
Racine
Now that was a letter worth reading, if you could suppress your gag reflex enough to make it past the first paragraph.