Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Democrats release budget repair bill

Senate Democrats released their version of a budget repair bill this morning after hearing from various local government, state bureaucracy, and union officials during a daytime public hearing in Milwaukee earlier this week.

Not that anybody’s paying any attention, what with the NCAA tournament starting today, and Good Friday tomorrow, and Easter three days from now. Say…they wouldn’t be trying to tank this, would they?

Surely not.

Anyway, here’s the Journal Sentinel story.

Here’s a link to the Legislative Fiscal Bureau’s summaries:

Governor Doyle's plan (27 pages);

The Assembly Republican plan (2 pages);

The Senate Democrat plan (38 pages).

As far as I can tell, the Democrats are trying to balance the budget with commuter trains in southeast Wisconsin. Not quite sure how that would work. I’ll comment further when my corporate masters have given me my opinion.