Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, January 26, 2008

How will you spend your rebate?

Yes, the rebates are coming, despite the hold up in the Senate. My guess is that the Senate will cave rather quickly. The Democrat controlled Senate does not want to be seen as the folks holding up this money from the American people, especially in an election year.

It does not make good political sense to tell people you are going to give them money and then stall that money as you bicker over unemployment benefits.

Whether or not you believe this was a good idea or not- you cannot tell people you are going to give them money and not do it.

So my question is- how do you plan on spending your money?

Are you going to spend it at all?

Will you put it in savings?

Will you pay off some bills?

Are you going to use it to buy that flat screened HDTV you have had your eye on?

Me- I am going to place it in savings. I plan on using it as my emergency fund.