Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Rudy sends shockwaves throughout the political world

Like we've known for awhile, it comes down to McCain and Giuliani:
Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani jumped into the 2008 presidential race yesterday, filing a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission and declaring on national television last night, "I'm in this to win."

Giuliani's actions were aimed at erasing any lingering doubts about whether he would enter the 2008 campaign and came after an intensive month of activity in which he has stepped up his political travels, broadened his political team and expanded his fundraising operation. A formal announcement will come later, Giuliani said.

Giuliani, 62, served two terms as mayor of New York and earned widespread praise for his leadership after terrorists struck the city on Sept. 11, 2001. He leads the field of declared and prospective Republican presidential candidates in national polls and, with Sen. John McCain of Arizona, ranks either first or second in most of the important early states.
I'm almost glad I'll be too busy to be involved in the fall of '08. I really don't know who I can fully, gung-ho get behind. And it's not about the social conservative issues--those really matter very little to me at the presidential level. I don't know who I can trust to actually do something about runaway government spending.