Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, September 22, 2006

Bucher to Open Investigation

I was so happy about this news that I called Paul Bucher myself to say thanks.
Waukesha County District Attorney Paul Bucher said he had received a letter from Sen. Mike Ellis (R-Neenah) requesting an investigation into Maistelman's lobbying of Elections Board members, and Bucher said he would open one. The board voted in Brookfield to sanction Green's campaign.

But Bucher said he had limited information and didn't know whether his inquiry would lead anywhere.

"I'll at least open an investigation and begin to gather some of the documents that I think are necessary," said Bucher, who lost last week's Republican attorney general primary to J.B. Van Hollen.
He's right. The investigation may not go anywhere, but it's sure worth a shot.