Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, July 17, 2006

Re: Can we all stop complaining about the heat, please?

The heat is dry? So too is the heat in an oven.

Also, don't think the heat in the Middle East is always dry. Quite a bit of the Middle East (especially the inhabited portions) are not too far from major bodies of water. I recall nights in Dubai where the dew point seemed to be 100°+.

My wife's inaanak was an armored vehicle guy in Iraq. He told us they all stripped down to the *_BARE_* (IIRC it was a step above BARE) minimum in those vehicles while driving around in the Baghdadi heat.

However, this heat here is not that bad. I recall being in FL last fall (Sept) golfing 18. I always sought shade but didn't mind the heat at all (it was hot along what we have now or hotter). Going into the clubhouse was refreshing and leaving was hard (for a bit) but I was soaking it up. At the wedding reception I was in my suit and long-sleeves and I spent most of my time outside in the heat drinking bourbon and smoking cigars.

Quit your whining about the heat and if you don't I will not entertain you at all when you are P&Ming about the cold in January!