Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Attention!

Fellow BBA Writers & BBA Readers,

I have had a major constraint on my blogging lifted. I will be able to post more often here. I plan on responding to the comments on my blog on the fact I don't call what are normally known as liberals liberals but leftists instead. It generated some commentary not all of it happy with my stand and when I tried to post a comment response my Windoze (go figure) laptop and hotel wireless network denied the comment and I gave up. It was built around a series of blogs related to Richard Cohen's discovery of the Krazy Kos Kiddy Automaton Attack Corps.

However, I feel it is quite worth discussing how many self described liberals are not liberal but leftists and progressive has come to mean (as has liberal) a leftist afraid to give a true picture of their beliefs.

Let it be stated I believe the likes of Kos, Code Pink, George Galloway, Ward Churchill et al. are in fact anti-liberals. George Galloway is an easy example here. He is no liberal he favors any oppressive monster as long as that oppressive monster is opposed to the liberal governing policies found in Great Britain, the United States, etc.

Christopher Hitchens is no friend of right-wingism or conservatism but recognizes the dangers posed to liberal societies by illiberal governing philosophies that steep much of the Middle East and related lands (e.g. Somalia). I will call him liberal.

Now in any such discussion there is a saying if the shoe fits....

Thanks Chris, for stepping in and providing some support on that one. It really was a bad thing living the hotel life, but it was penance owed. Weekends were really nuts especially of late.