Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, May 22, 2006

Tommy @ Convention

Without a doubt, I concur repeatedly with Owen about Tommy's on-stage performance.

I admit, I was either looking at Green speak, or my laptop, (or CBS 5 WFRV's Angenette Levy) to see the full Tommy reaction, so my take may have been more snapshots than the full picture.

However, I will have to disagree with Owen on one thing though. I for one, was glad Thompson bailed on the press conference. Sadly, what was supposed to be an event about Mark Green would have become an event about "Tommy." A fact multiplied with people like JR Ross of WisPolitics and Ryan Foley of the AP in the room.
Tommy bailing, probably meant he knew that too on some extent. I'm not going to be too hard on Thompson. In talks with Green's campaign staff later on about it, I was told Thompson after the speech told them all, Green had a 'great speech' and had his full support.

Than he caught his plane at Outagamie Co. Airport.

If Tommy's having problems realizing that he's no longer top dog in the current State GOP settling, that's his problem - it shouldn't be Mark Green's.