Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Educational Credits and the LLEC in Wisconsin

I have proposed for some time now that the most logical and effective mechanism to reform both the educational outcomes and the finance system in Wisconsin is through a tax credit system. Alternatively, an intelligent voucher system could be created but I do not currently support vouchers as a first choice. I would like to take the time now to more fully develop what I mean by a tax credit system. Also, I would like to briefly outline a simple example of the initial impact of a local levy credit system (LLEC). It is my sincere hope that candidate Mark Green, Senator Harsdorf and Representative Rhoades and al others take a serious look at this proposal and immediately start the process of detailed analysis of the financial impacts of such a system and to begin crafting legislation that would implement it. I would be more than happy to discuss this matter further with any legislator who is honestly interested in both the state financing of education and the fundamental rights of parents in Wisconsin.

(more...)

bildanielson @ ontheborderline.net