Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wisconsin group to take on South Dakota ban

I found this little tidbit in the news today interesting, so I thought I'd pass it along:
An out-of-state abortion rights group has started a petition drive that, if successful, would stall South Dakota's new abortion ban and give voters a say in the matter.

The group, Basic-Abortion-Rights Network of Waukesha, Wis., filed paperwork Tuesday for a ballot petition that would ask voters if the abortion ban should be overturned.
I've made my case that South Dakota jumped the gun on this ban, and I know others have, too. It looks like this B.A.R.N. group is going to unwittingly help in delaying when the Supreme Court will see a challenge to Roe. They must be a stealthy part of the vast right wing conspiracy.