Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Re: the Blog Summit

I have to agree with Owen and Sean on this looks like for the most part they didn't want the Garage bands at this years battle of the bands.

Blogs have always been about being a little bit underground and not always being parts of the system. We are at a big cross roads with blogs. To use the Music analogy as I am prone to. The Record companies have taken a liking to our sound and wants a piece of it.

That Usually not good news for the Garage Bands.

I think fact that no one on the list could be qualified as a "common Joe six pack"(I really hate that term by the way) If the panel was a little more balanced with an even number of Knuckle draggers and Suits I doubt there would be the uproar over the Summit.

The idea is not a bad one but the common theme of blogging was forgotten.

ITS A BIG TENT

The panel should add a few of the longer running "garage band" bloggers. Owen, Sean Patrick would be my choices. But anyone of the BBA members would be good addition.

I may attend just to see where "this thing of ours is headed"

only bad thing is the timing coming right after the Forward Wisconsin convention on March 11th.

So simple solution Add a Knuckle dragger or three to the panel and restore the love ;)

Regards,
Chris