Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, January 27, 2006

I am Making a Decree

(No Jib, the coup is not coming...today. Lance and I have that planned for when you least expect it.)

I have a degree in Marketing from UW-Eau Claire, which really has limited applications to my current job, but it causes me to do all sorts of strange things at times. Comment on how good (or bad) a commercial was, or storyboard an entire "This is SportsCenter" commercial I someday hope to pitch to ESPN are just some of these side effects.

But most of the time I just think up 'cute' catch phrases for either products, happenings, things I ponder (and boy do I ponder), whatever.

Here's what I was thinking. You know how the insane amount of traffic one gets from being linked to Glenn Reynolds, the InstaPundit, is called an "Instalanche." Well, I'm sure all of have seen similar effects for whenever one of us is linked to by Charlie Sykes on his blog.

So, in keeping with the spirit of alliteration that I seem to love so much (My blog is named Lakeshore Laments after all.), I think a neat name for when Charlie links to one of us and we get insane amount of traffic due to that link be called, (drumroll please)...

"A Sykes Spike."

Think about it, you look at your hits after a hard day of blogging and you see a 'spike' in your numbers all of a sudden. You see that Charlie 'Sykes' has linked to you. A Sykes Spike.

I for one like the term, and will use the term. Feel free to give your thoughts on it.

Now, where was I, oh yes....BRAINS!