Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Reason for the Season with a chuckle...

I was reminded this evening of the PC crowd's hypocritical mantra of using the word "Holiday" in lieu of the word “Christmas”. I was in line with an “80 something” lady named June in one of our crowded retail merchants filled with gift givers trying to find the perfect gift. We were stuck in a long line and as usual I got the pleasure to talk with an elderly person, I just met, for quite a long time. We shared many a tale about our families and Christmas. I really enjoyed listening to her as she spoke of her husband and grandkids. But what really stuck in my mind is when she said, "You know those liberals don't have a clue. They say we have to use the word 'Holiday' instead of Christmas. What in the world to they think it means? It means 'A HOLY DAY'. That's Christmas, right? The day Jesus was born." I chuckled with her on that.

God bless June.