Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Whose side is the AP on

I came across this gem of a headline this morning in the MJS it is an AP story and headline in the MJS defense.

First why do they insist on calling them insurgents not terrorists? But that isn't what struck me as being odd. Since when did 2 count them 2 mortar rounds become "shelling" How about a little truth in the Headlines "Terrorist lob 2 mortar rounds then run for their lives"

You see shelling implies a long term barrage, use of large cannons and actually hitting a target or two.

I mean to me this is just AP showing its MSM antiwar bias, I mean a large number of people will never read anything more than the headline. They know that and that is why they use words like "Shelling"

Why didn't the AP lead with "Over 400 terrorist captured, 200 terrorist killed in Tal Afar region battle." I mean that news was in the same article. No they chose to lead with what they knew would be seen as bad news. Even though there were no casualties in the motar "shelling".

Has anyone else wondered would support for the war be slipping if the MSM reported the good things that are happening in Iraq instead of always making it look like we are losing. Come on Michael Yon is only one man and he has done more to get out good news about just one city Mosul, then the whole MSM reports on the whole country.

You have to wonder who side the AP is really on.

Regards,
GBfan

Update: Dean brought to my attention the link goes to a different article at AP it still mentions the 2 motar rounds being "Shelling" but it is not the article I linked to this am. The author is different also. I tried to search the AP for the original story and its gone or has been merged into this new story.