Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Newsflash: Howard Dean is a nutcase

First a hardy hello to Badger Blog Alliance readers. I apologize that my first post here has been so late in coming, but hopefully the birth of my daughter two weeks ago is enough excuse. If you haven't yet, check out my personal blog here.

Anyways, on to the news. While this will come as a great shock to many BBA readers, Howard Dean has apparently criticized the Republican Party by calling them "a white Christian party." I agree with the sentiments of Jon Fleischmann who upon hearing this comment exclaimed, "Where do I sign up on a committee to keep Howard Dean? He's the best thing to happen to the GOP in ages."

Mr. Dean must either be very ignorant or simply choosing to ignore the magnitude of the outreach to Hispanics and black Americans by new RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman. I think these kinds of efforts are key to a lasting Republican majority in America and Wisconsin. The interesting question is what the Democratic Party will look like in 25 years. My guess is that blacks and Hispanics will be voting majority Republican, and Democrats will be left as a white secular party.