Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hey!

The Capital Times has stolen my lead!

Will he or won't he?

Plagiarism! I should sue! I invented that phrase!

Hey, this whole article follows my premise. Just better in some places. This part is particularly well put:

Unlike the federal government, vetoing the budget would not result in a shutdown of state operations. Under Wisconsin law, the state continues to use its old budget until a new one is adopted.

Although they don't mention how there would be no spending increase under a continuation budget.

Here's something I didn't know about:

The (veto) powers are so broad that, according to one example in a state Supreme Court case, the governor could rewrite a budget bill to impose the death penalty on parking scofflaws.

Love the ending:

"He should just sign the bill and blame the Republicans," (Brandon) Scholz ("longtime Republican campaign adviser") said.

I'm sure Doyle will take that into consideration. More likely he vetoes both the school funding changes and the property tax freeze, and tries to blame the Republicans for the tax increase.

So, how much you figure I could get if I sued the paper?