Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sunday, June 26, 2005

re: Someone is So on my Crap List

I'll take my lumps. My apologies to everyone that the get together for tonight did not occur. It looked very good when it was first proposed, but if memory serves, not only did we not get up to "group" status, our number actually shrunk as some figured out they couldn't make it, myself included. As my plane touched down tonight in Milwaukee, I began to pray that no one was throwing a no hitter. When I heard the score in the Mitchell parking garage, I was briefly relieved until I heard Weeks and Fielder hit their first home runs. Then all I could do was hang my head low in the car. I should have stumped more for this in my K-Lo role here.

Patrick, I'm in mourning, too. I love that guy, and it is going to seem like a long 4-6 weeks. And who knows if he'll get much playing time when he gets back. He's still a defensive stud and a pretty good hitter, but Hall is making it difficult to keep him out of the lineup, and Helms is starting to hit, even if he's a sieve at third.

GB, thanks for sticking up for me. Kevin can put me on his crap list, though. But if I'm still on it when we do finally get together here, I'm not buying him a beer. :-)