Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Waupaca Natives for Galloway.

Today I received a note from a buddy originally from Waupaca who returned to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) some years ago and is still there.

He was shilling on behalf of George Galloway how he absolutely made Norm Coleman look dumb and how he wished how our press had the conjones that Galloway does. I responded to him telling him bluff and bluster work very well and Galloway is a master of it. Later on I got a note with the usual leftist points against the Iraq war. He informed me my support of W would make me a lonely person in the UAE. Funny, I don't recall that when I was in the UAE my conservatism was real popular even before W. Ex-pats tend leftward (IIRC Jim Geragty from TKS has observed this as well).

It got me in a bit of a funk today. Anyway, I have done some searching tonight and there is suprsingly little on Galloway's appearance out there on the usual blogs. LGF makes some comments on it, Powerline does not (which is a shock to me, being the Norm is their senator), I don't recall seeing a whole lot on Michelle Malkin's blog either. NRO does a better job and I found some useful tidbits, including this article by Alex Massie
It was hard to know quite what Senators Norm Coleman and Carl Levin expected from the MP for Bethnal Green and Bow; it was impossible not to suspect they got more than they bargained for. As a rule senators are not, I think, accustomed to being accused by their witnesses of committing “schoolboy howlers.”


This is not the only suggestion that the difference between the UK Parliament and the US Congress was responsible for the showing that Galloway came away with. In fact, the Alex suggests it was a bad mistake by Norm to invite Galloway. The Corner too quotes Christopher Hitchens on slamming Galloway and the story goes they exchanged insults with each other in passing.