Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, March 19, 2005

To the Wisconsin blogosphere

Hi everyone. The Badger Blog Alliance has been up and running for about 3 and a half months now. I hope you've all enjoyed the site, and I'm pleased at the small part it has played in uniting the Wisonsin blogosphere a little bit. This is still a bit of a work in progress, though. I think the Badger Blog Alliance can be more than it is right now, but I think we are still a little ways away from opening up more posting positions, mostly because I haven't made up my mind on how we can best get there. I am slowly warming to an idea that On the Borderline has floated a couple of times, so I'd like to try a little week long test of it.

If you are unfamiliar with On the Borderline, it has something of an open blog concept. To make it short and simple, people submit a post to the administrators and they then make a decision on putting it up at the site. I'd like to try that on a limited scale for the next week. If you have a Wisconsin blog and you have a post you'd like to see here at the Badger Blog Alliance, email it to me at ojibway7rj-at-gmail-dot-com. I'll look it over and post it if I think it works well with the general voice of the Badger Blog Alliance. The catch is that it has to be an original piece, because I'm looking at doing a Carnival of Wisconsin Bloggers type thing as well in the near future. There will be a link back to your site, and you'll be introduced as a guest blogger, similar to Lance Burri's post on Gregg Underheim from earleir this week. Since I'm still a bit tentative, this test period ends at the end of the day next Friday, March 25th, at which point the experiment will be reviewed.

Thank you to everyone who makes the Badger Blog Alliance a regular read. Wisconsin blogosphere, hopefully this test will lead to an eventual larger role for everyone.