Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

State Republicans-beware of losing your base

GBfan of Spottedhorse and I exchanged a couple of emails on this topic. At his request, I'm going to post an entry from his site in its entirety because this is a topic State Republicans need to be thinking about, namely that the actions of some State Republicans could cost them voters down the road. (Read also here.)

Way back in February when I started this little blog, One of my first political posts was how modern politics was like a never ending version of trench warfare.

Well I think I have reached a point in my life where for the first time I don't feel like going over the top and duking it out with the other side. Don't get me wrong I still cannot stand 98% of the things the left stands for. But I am slowly losing faith in the GOP on both the state and federal levels. I have been a political animal for as long as I can remember. The first election that I was politically "aware" was Ford vs Carter(two great choices there lol). My degree was a double major History/Politcal Science. I really used to love this stuff it was the last real blood sport left. But now after 29 years of being one of those people who thought it all mattered I have now reached a point where I am ready to just say F-ck it. The next time the party blows the whistle and tells me to "go over the top" I think I might just start heading towards the rear.

I believe it is the state GutlessOP that has brought me to this point. I can no longer stomach the election year promises of,"just one more big push and then we will really change how things are done in Wisconsin".

I'm tired of being a member of the same party as Mary(I really voted for that )Lazich, Mike(I am really a democrat)Ellis and Dale(Aint no Talk radio in these parts)Schultz.

You would have thought after the party grunts "Fragged" Mary Panzer the rest of the leadership would have learned a lesson. But like the British generals at the Somme they keep reinforcing failure.

So this is one trooper who had has enough of being lied to and stabbed in the back. So until I see some real results from the State GutlessOP I am done no money, none of my time as a Vol.

I will still give time and money to individual "Conservatives" like Scott Walker and Rep Sensenbrener.

So I guess this is one lonely voice calling from a bottom of an endless trench

MUNITY MUNITY MUNITY

always remember when dealing with the State GutlessOP the immortal words of rapper Chuck D "Don't Believe the Hype"

Regards
A very politically tired GBfan


State Republicans, this is a growing frustration with you and your party. You best pay heed to it, or you may be in for a surprise in future elections. Majorities don't last forever, but there is no sense in ending them prematurely.