Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, February 04, 2005

It's Official (kind of)

We can finally put away our prognostications on a Russ Feingold run for President in 2008. If Feingold can build the momentum, he'll be in the running:
I'm trying to be one of God knows how many Democrats who are going to get out there and try to help turn this thing around...If at some point people say, 'Hey, we think you ought to run for president' (and) it's a serious thing, I'm going to listen. I would only run if I honestly believed that I was the guy that really could win, that I was the person who was the best candidate to run.
There isn't a politician worth his/her salt alive that doesn't think they are the best person for a higher political office, especially the Presidency. Wisconsin, you have one and a half senators for the next 3 years, because Russ Feingold has road bed to lay for a Presidential run.

It is possible that "making Wisconsin a red state in '08" could be a little more difficult than originally thought.

(Cross posted at Jiblog)