Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What the County Clerks Say

Here's the report I was able to get from offices of my area county clerks offices (Manitowoc / Sheboygan)

Sheboygan: The Office of State Senator Joe Leibham (R-Sheboygan) is still waiting on this information according to the nice lady I spoke to when I called his local office.

Manitowoc: The County Clerk's office, after being on hold for a few minutes, was really helpful. They told me the 5,000 township rule will be gone with the statewide voter list. All Wisconsinites will now register. (Come to think of it, I was allowed to pre-register for 2006 after voting for 2004 in the Township of Schleswig.) I was then transferred over to City Clerk in the City of Manitowoc.

In Manitowoc, the city 'does not have a problem.' They send postcards out to all registrants after each election. These cards just recently went out. Could not get a real bead on any return to sender numbers or a percentage of voters in Manitowoc that were same-day registrants.

This might lead to an actual visit to the City Hall of Manitowoc and a talk to the City Clerk there myself.

Cross Posted at Lakeshore Laments by Kevin