Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I think the word "racist" just automatically spills out whenever a Lefty opens his mouth.

Or her mouth. Could be a her. I don't want to be accused of misogyny.

Perusing Memeorandum earlier today, I came across these two passages at blogs I don't normally read. First, from Josh Marshall's Talking Points Memo:

I don't think there's any question that McCain's is the dirtiest and most dishonest campaign, certainly in the last 35 years and possibly going much further back into the early 20th century.
Next, from the obviously misnamed Moderate Voice:

The racist and xenophobic bile that has flowed from the right-wing Republican base and spokesmouths like Rush Limbaugh has been unprecedented in this campaign season…
“The dirtiest and most dishonest campaign?” Run by a guy who wouldn’t let an old lady describe Obama as an “Arab” at a campaign stop?

“Racist and xenophobic bile?”

I know I'm setting myself up for a bunch of unrelated anecdotes and hard-spun "lies," but I want to see some examples.

Please note: we on the Right are calling Obama's promise of "no tax increases for 95% of Americans" a lie. We're calling Obama's "status" as a post-racial healer a lie. We're calling his claim that he had no idea Bill Ayers was an unrepentant terrorist a lie.

For the sake of this discussion, I'm willing to call those things "campaign statements," which could be spun as untrue, but could as easily be spun as true. For the sake of this discussion, those don't count.

When you start calling McCain's campaign the "dirtiest and most dishonest," that goes beyond campaign-speak. When you start throwing around the words "racist and xenophobic," you're saying something specific. I want to know exactly what it is.

For the record, I don't think they've got anything but Leftist spin and kneejerk assumptions that, hey, he's a Republican, so he must be racist!