Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Class

When people use the phrase “class act,” this is what they mean:

Once he finished packing, Ned Yost figured he'd begin the long drive back home to Georgia. He might even tune in a ballgame.

"I've got XM Radio, so I'll be able to listen to the Brewers pitch-by-pitch and be rooting Dale on in his first win," Yost said.

A day after being abruptly fired as Milwaukee's manager and replaced by third-base coach Dale Sveum, Yost insisted Tuesday he had no hard feelings toward the team that let him go with 12 games left while tied for the NL wild-card spot.

"If anybody thinks that I've got sour grapes or I don't want this club to succeed, they're crazy. I'll be rooting them on every inch of the way and I hope they can win that wild card and go deep, deep into the playoffs and win the World Series," he said.
About the new interim manager, Dale Sveum, Yost said:

"Dale is a real calming influence. He's a very steady guy, he's a very smart baseball guy," Yost said. "I honestly don't think they could have picked a better person to finish out these last 12 days."
I know there's a lot of anti-Yost animosity out there, but give him some props for knowing how to make a class exit.