Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ed Garvey: give it up, Hillary, we're not counting all the votes!

Here's what he said (emphasis in original):

Hillary said it again: "We are winning the popular vote." The missing caveat is, of course, "If you give me all the votes in Michigan in violation of the rules and my agreement not to count those votes; and, if you give me all my Florida votes despite the rules and an agreement among all Democratic Party candidates not to campaign in Florida's primary and not to count them, then, maybe, perhaps, possibly, I'm ahead."
So it isn’t all the votes that count – only the ones we (the Democratic Party Elite) agreed beforehand will count. If Mr. Garvey has any sense of irony at all, he had to be gagging on it while he wrote that.