Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Because armies move on their stomachs

Secretary of the Army Pete Geren hosted a "combat feeding demonstration" at the Pentagon where representatives of the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research Development and Engineering Center offered up samples of the latest developments in combat chow.

The secretary said the development of better food and better ways to deliver and prepare that food in combat is important, because taking care of Soldiers means feeding them right.
I always liked the MREs, except that the packaging was so thick, it was both time-consuming and hard to open unless you had a knife (which I didn’t, always, having spent most of my time riding a desk).

Of course, I never had to eat them every day for six months. Might have changed my mind, then.