Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, July 13, 2006

RE: Campaign finance issue or free speech issue?

A couple of things.

I am not certain McCain/Feingold applies to state or local elections, only federal elections.

In any event running to bureaucrats to shut the site down is nothing more than incumbent protection. I have no idea on the merits of the points brought up on the website, that is something for Dunn County residents to hash out but our founding fathers engaged in quite a bit of anonymous advocacy.

I did a little poking around this morning on the site and the identity of the site's author is fairly well locked down. I found out what hosting service is used and even id'ed the OS running the website, but have been unable to discover who is behind it.

This sorta reminds me of the Full of Bologna controversy.