Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dueling AG candidates

Let me remind everyone of the BBA policy of not endorsing any Republican Candidate during primaries but I don't think this post breaks that Prime Directive.

That being said I though I would cross post this over here a flury of AG emails this afternoon got me thinking(I know very dangerous thing me thinking) so here we go.

I received dueling emails for both camps touting their latest endorsements. Van Hollen is telling us he is Tommy Thompson's man for AG While the Bucher camp called that raise with a former Republican Governor of their own saying Bucher has Lee Dreyfus endorsement. I guess that is a push isn't it.

You all know how I feel about Tommy and I have actually met Governor Dreyfus socially a couple of times(We both belonged to the same Masonic lodge)While I like him and he is a good man I don't agree with everything he says either.

I am finally ready to say something about the Attorney Generals Race, I don't care which one of them wins the primary either one would be much better as the AG then either one of the current Leftist candidates.

I guess I may lean towards Bucher since he is from the same tribe as me(Waukesha Conservatives) and all politics are tribal at the core. But I also understand how hard it is to sell a Southeastern Wisconsin Conservative candidate to Outstate Republicans, our brand of conservatism scares them. Doesn't it still unnamed Outstate Rep who called us all Charlie Sykes Stormtroopers(no I haven't forgot about that I hold a grudge to the death)but I digress.

Van Hollen will probably play better outstate but will he fire up the we southeast people who do make up a pretty damn big voting block.

This primary has just made me even more happy that the Walker vs Green Civil war didn't happen. That is the one thing that sucks about primaries, if both candidates are good conservative who wants to attack someone who thinks like they do. I have no problems attacking Liberal and Moderate Republicans but most of big state wide primary's seem to be Conservative on Conservative. So we end up back at it becoming region vs region or tribe vs tribe.

I guess what I am saying is I am going to support which ever of them wins the primary Van Hollen or Bucher but it may be time to flip the coin in September when I am forced to do it.

Once again I ask, Malaise anyone?

I just cannot get up for this race may come general election time when I know who is on my team and who we are playing. Odd for me to not have any passion about a race as important as this, but it is what it is.

Yawn
Chris