Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Re: Radio "Ad" Rips Green on Ethanol

Kevin,

I know a little about farmers and farming since my father grew up on a farm. I worked many summers on that farm and know how hard people like my uncle and grandfather worked for so little. I grew up in a town (Hilbert) where the most important question wasn't "What do you think about the Packers?" or "How about the high school football team?" It was "Do you think the weather's gonna be good for [planting, hay baling, picking stones, etc.]" After discovering the beauty and logic of free market economics it was a challenge to bite my tongue during holiday gatherings when farm supports came up. So I understand the plight of many Wisconsin farmers. I know many of them want some way to earn a living, keep their farm, and pass it along to their children.

So Rep. Green isn't in ADM's pocket. He still supports a bad policy that will make the state worse off. His explanations have been illogical and display an underappreciation of economics. I call it like I see it.

I don't know much about Walker's education plans so I can't say how bad they are. When it comes to education I'm a radical. We must go past vouchers. I want the state out of education completely. I even signed a proclaimation. (And yes, any possible future political career is now doomed. At least I'm in some good company.)

It's obvious I lean Walker, but a lot of that is simply because I live in Southeast Wisconsin. It's not like Green's campaign has been doing a lot to reach out to conservatives like me here. But the campaign is just begun. There's a lot of campaigning to do. One thing is for sure: either man will get my vote and support over the corrupt current governor. I just hope bad gas doesn't come with it.