Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, October 14, 2005

Conservatives Must Stick With the Republican Party

Erick over at Confirm Them has a great post up on why conservatives must not abandon ship.

I wholly disagree with the Harriet Miers nomination. I think it has proven to be a disaster.... But, Harriet Miers is not my single issue. President Bush has more often than not been on my side....On the other side of the bridge are the hoards of Democrats and media intent on bringing down the presidency of George W. Bush....Miers may be a disappointment, but I will not give up on the President and the Republican party, the latter of which is still the best vehicle for conservative movement in the political process.... I will fight to make sure the party of Howard Dean stays in the minority. I will fight to make sure the GOP elects conservatives, but I will not abandon them if some in the GOP are not like me.

Well said Erick! Read the whole thing.