Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, September 19, 2005

Pork: It's mostly good

It looks like the line out of Washington is going to be that most spending listed as pork by some groups is actually good spending. Kevin points out that Rep. Petri makes that point in a press release over at WisPolitics.com. I'd also like to point out this comment made from my earlier post on 2005 Wisconsin Pork:
I reviewed that list - at least 90% of it is legitimate spending.
It was an annonymous comment from a U.S. House of Representatives IP address.

This list is what it is. Check it and you decide what is and is not pork. I stand by my point, though. What is my succulent dinner is someone else's pork. And vice versa. You can't fight unnecessary Federal spending unless you are as critical of what's on your plate as you are of what's on the other guy's.