Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sunday, August 07, 2005

BBA Get-Together SCOOP!

Well, it's only a scoop in the sense that I'm the first one home, so I'm the first one to post about it. That doesn't seem very fair to the others, since I'm the least-frequent poster here these days, but I figure that's my consolation prize for having to leave so early.

So anyway, after church and making lunch for the kids, I zipped on over to State Fair. Cut a deal with the scalper opportunist entrepreneur who wanted to charge me $20 for parking on his front lawn on 84th Street: if I was back by 3:00, he'd give me $5 back. We synchronized our watches (1:30) and I was off to the Micro Brew tent.

And there they were: Jib, Sean, Owen, Kevin, John, and Steve (I think it was this Steve). If I'm forgetting someone -- and I think I am -- my apologies. [UPDATE: (with sound of hand smacking forehead): Yes, it was Dean!] It was a bit of a blur at first, and my time was limited, after all. (It really wasn't about the five bucks; I just needed to get home to the family for some quality time on the patio!)

But it was fun to meet everybody, even for a short time. When I left, they all still seemed to be pretty sober, I'm happy (shocked?) to report, in spite of the 85 degree heat combined with the many varieties of cold beer on tap.

Maybe this will be just the first of many get-togethers, so dry your tears, GBFan, you may still get your chance to meet everybody.