Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Never Again

Last year, I went to one of the Brewers-Cubs games in Miller Park Wrigley Field North. I had great Diamond Box seats--the best seats I ever had at a major league baseball game. Greg Maddux was pitching so I knew great talent was on the field.

I was embarassed to be a Brewers fan that night. Cubs maniacs filled 60+% of the seats, and they weren't quiet. I felt like a foreigner in my own country. I told myself never again will I go to a Cubs-Brewers game at Miller Park. You could give me first-row seats behind home plate and I'll decline them. I don't want to be surrounded by 20,000 Cubs fans in Milwaukee.

My only highlight was seeing Russell "the Muscle" Branyon launch his first home run into orbit as a Brewer. After contact my jaw dropped and my mouth stayed open for two minutes. I never saw a ball hit so hard in my life.