Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Re: Senate Compromise

I just haven't been able to care about the filibuster issue.

Yes, I know, sacrelige. Abomination. Tar and feathers.

No, wait, save that one for Anno Domini, who, if I'm not mistaken, has yet to be initiated into the fold. How does one haze via Internet, anyway?

Back to the filibuster: I just can't get excited about the issue, and I question whether it is really going to become a campaign issue for anyone other than the people who have already chosen their side.

That said, here's something that interests me, from Stanley Kurtz at NRO (emphasis added):

THE SENATE AGREEMENT HAS PUT THE DEMOCRATS IN QUITE A FIX...on Social Security that is. Whether this agreement is a bad deal that truly surrenders the constitutional option, or simply a temporary compromise that leaves all possibilities open, the effect will be to make the Democrats’ continued obstruction on Social Security look bad.

If that's the case, then the whole thing is worth it.