Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Saturday, April 16, 2005

RE: Sheets

Sheets pitched fairly well last night, I was sitting right behind home plate and he had his stuff, just a little off in the control area. Where he killed himself was his fielding, which led to two runs. However, the Crew should be able to put up a better fight off freakin Supan, that's what irked me. Also, since Moeller is going to be Sheets' catcher, they can't leave JJ Hardy in that lineup. They have got to play Hall at third so we have some production from the bottom of the order, Moeller is an automatic out and Hardy isn't swinging the bad much better.

As for the signing, not to be a wet blanket but I think it has mixed meaning. It is great that they signed him and got it out of the way, but it also clears a hurdle if they wanted to move him at the break (something I don't think they'll do, but I'm just saying...). With a contract he is that much more appealing to other ball clubs.

Sorry for the whole devil's advocate thing...Go Crew!!

(By the way, I'll be down the third base line this afternoon trying to get Pujols to pull a Sheffield).